You’re Invited to our PIHRA South Bay June Breakfast MeetingWhat to Expect in an EBSA Investigation, Health Plans
Presented by Tiffany Woo
Thursday, June13 | 7:30am-9:45am Ayres Hotel
|Join PIHRA South Bay on June 13 for What to Expect in an EBSA Investigation, Health Plans with our presenter Tiffany Woo. The session is designed to help increase awareness and understanding of the Department of Labor, Employee Benefits Security Administration’s enforcement efforts. Reserve your spot online and join us to connect with your local HR community! Read on to learn more about this program and what you’ll learn.|
|What to Expect from an EBSA Investigation:|
– EBSA Enforcement Strategy
– Sources & Types of InvestigationsInvestigative Emphasis
– Fiduciary Duties
– Common Problem Areas
– Issue Resolution
– Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program
– Overview of DOL’s jurisdiction over health plans
– General ways that DOL identifies potential health cases
– What the DOL looks for in a health investigation
– Common health-related violations the DOL finds
– The voluntary correction process
|Reasons to attend:|
– Learn more about what happens in the process of a DOL investigation
– Have an opportunity to ask questions of a DOL investigator
– Identify tips for proactively preparing for an investigation and avoiding common pitfalls
7:30am – 8:00am – Networking Session for Members.
8:00am – 8:30am – Meeting begins. PIHRA business discussed.
8:30am – 9:45am – Presentation on “What to Expect in an EBSA Investigation”
This program is valid for 1.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM and 1.25 HR (General)recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI).